Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Le temps nous dira

Today was our second day in class working on our projects.  I got a lot of help with tuning and strumming.  I was told to hold my fingers kind of how you would hold a pick, but just to strum with my hand instead of the pick.  I was also reminded multiple times that the strings are supposed to hurt your fingers (apparently).  It was absolutely amazing when I started to play something that was truly recognizable as a song!  I hope that the more I play, the better I'll get at recognising how things are supposed to sound, like tuning and chord progressions.  Maybe when I'm a lot better I can write a song!  Or maybe that's a little too optimistic; time will tell.  Learning ukulele is very fun, I just wish it didn't distract me so much from other things I need to finish.  But at least I can say that I'm doing homework and accomplishing something!